Monday, March 26, 2012

Downtown Lawrence: Party Central

Photo by Richard Gwin, Lawrence Journal-World
My intimate watch party for ten turned into a New Orleans-style street bash last night when the home team won a spot in the Final Four by beating North Carolina. After the requisite screaming and hugging and jumping up and down, we headed to Mass. Street - honking all the way - where the party was in full swing.
Photo by a friend
The KU students had been away all week on Spring Break but returned at game time and were out in force. Some even flashed naked body parts a la Mardi Gras (no photos available). I doubt many of them will make it to class this morning. Me? I'm going to be pretty late to work myself. I've got a 2-hour premiere episode of "Mad Men" to catch up on.
Photo by Richard Gwin, Lawrence Journal-World (I love this shot.)

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...