Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spice it up!

My spice drawer, as pictured above in all its messy glory, will attest to my love for all things seasoned. Now comes news that going heavy on the spices is good for your heart, especially when the meal is high in fat, as many of my low-carb favorites tend to be. I wonder if I've always known this, instinctively. I typically add lots of cayenne pepper to my Hollandaise, over-curry my Panang, and double the garlic in my aioli. Healthy or folly? Guess my cholesterol numbers will tell the tale.

2 comments:

Cath Pete said...

Penzey's!!--I love Penzey's spices.

Cathy Hamilton said...

CP:
Me, too! My dream is to bring a Penzey's to Downtown Lawrence, where I live. We're getting an olive oil and balsamic vinegar store. Spices must be sure to follow!
BG

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...