Saturday, March 31, 2012

I feel a theme coming on

I spent most of Monday and half of Tuesday weighing our options for a Final Four trip to New Orleans. In the end, after considering travel + cost + time off from work, we decided to stay home in our "lucky space" and have family and friends over for a NOLA style watch party and sleep-over. (GUEST TOWEL ALERT!!)  I'm researching jambalaya recipes now. This one looks doable. I even started my morning with some tasty chicory coffee from TJ's. It's not exactly Cafe' du Monde, but it'll do in a pinch. This Hurricane recipe tempted me but it's so sugary, I think I'll leave that to the amateurs. After all, my lucky cocktail is scotch on the rocks. And you don't mess with the juju.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...