Sunday, April 1, 2012

There's got to be a morning after

Somewhere in that crowd there's a 56-year-old woman who thinks she can party like a 20-year-old.
I woke today at 11 am after partying most of the night downtown when the home team beat Ohio State in the ugliest game I've seen to date.
I almost forgot I wrote a column this week until a couple friends emailed to say it made them cry. It really isn't whether you win or lose. But, winning is a helluva lot more fun.
The girl in green is wondering "Who is this crazed woman and why is she sticking her head in our picture?"

6 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I watched the game with Howard and Scotty, and rooted for your team! I kept picturing you and yours peeps going insane! At one point, I made a reverse kina hora, a very controversial move: "Cathy's team is going to lose." This guaranteed a win. Had I said, "Cathy's team is going to win," you would've lost. But you didn't, did you? See photos you've posted for proof. You're welcome! Loved the column!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thank you! You did it for us! Please do it again Monday night. We're going to need all the reverse kino hora we can get.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'm on it!!!

Cath Pete said...

I like basketball but haven't really followed NCAA this year. I did watch the first game last night and then part of "your game". The team was down by about 10 when I quit watching as I was feeling disappointed for you and couldn't stand to see any more. Surprise, surprise when I opened the paper this morning. Cool! Good luck to Kansas tomorrow night. I'll be rootin' for ya!

Nebraskim said...

I love your column. We up here in Nebraska feel that way about football. We've lost that lovin' feeling for a while now and we are hungry to get it back.

Go Jayhawks! I'm also rooting for Baylor in the Women's NCAA. Big Twelve can still bring it in basketball, no?

Cathy Hamilton said...

CP, that's very sweet of you, thanks. Our team will do that - break your heart in the first half and give you cardiac arrest in the seoond.
Kim, thanks. I know you know what I'm talking about. Big 12 -- yes!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...