Saturday, April 14, 2012

The year of Ralph begins today

Purging my closet for the third time in as many months, I've decided to cure my fashion schizophrenia once and for all. From now on, it's classics and classics only, Ralph Lauren-style. (Yes, Mother, you were right, after all.) No trendy boho pieces, no wild animal prints (at least, not in anything bigger than a scarf), no hues that are not in my "summer" color palette. Using those guidelines and the "throw it out if you haven't worn it in a year" rule, my closet ought to have plenty of space. Let the spring cleaning begin!

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Can you help me clean my closet when you're done? I'll send you a ticket.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Yes! Yes, I will.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...