Sunday, April 22, 2012

Front yard drama

I stepped out to admire my bloomin' roses and inspiring irises this morning....
only to discover one of the red bud trees next to the driveway badly damaged.
     "What happened here?" I asked the hubs, who was dutifully cleaning the gutters. "A drunk kid crashed into it last night, left the car in the tree and made off with his friends before the police could arrive." "How do you know all that?" I asked, wondering how I escaped the late-night excitement. "Cop came to the door at 12:30, made me put on my clothes and go take a look. His card with the case number's on the bar."
    Score one in the LOSS column for living too close to campus. But, sleeping in my own room, upstairs with the fan going? That's a WIN, baby!

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Oy vey, this story goes right to the root of the problem with kids today! (Sorry couldn't resist!) Pretty flowers. So happy you slept through the drama and let Hubs handle it.

Flowers said...

Yard good. Soup looks amazing! Something tells me if the cops had awakened you at 12:30, your man would've been right there with you. I'm a snorer too, though, so I guess I have some empathy for both sides!

Maia Dobson said...

You seen like a hands on mom with cleaning the outdoor area of your house. I don't have much time to clean even our own house though. Can you suggest good chimney repairs company?

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...