Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Sunday menu

Lovely, large paper plates. Matching cocktail napkins, too, although I'm using solid lime dinner napkins.
The family is coming for Easter for the first time ever, I think. (If they've been here before, it must not have gone well since I blocked it from memory.) I'm excited, especially after scoring these beautiful paper plates from Tuesday Morning (I'm having 19 people; paper's a must) and my first-ever HoneyBaked ham. The ham cost a small fortune, but what the hell? (Oops. Sorry, Jesus.) Here's the full menu with recipe links, as available:
   HoneyBaked ham on egg rolls with assorted mustards
   Passover Brisket
   Roasted asparagus spears
   Potatoes (my sister's choice)
   Green salad (my other sister's choice)
   Deviled eggs with curry
   Chocolate orange cupcakes (chocolate cake mix with blood orange olive oil instead of vegetable oil)
   Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
   Wine:  Pinot noir from the Russian River Valley
Bring on the bunny!

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Passover Brisket?! I'm kvelling. Happy Easter, BG!

WorkingBoomer said...

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful Easter. Oh how I love those honey baked hams. Enjoy and extra slice for me because I will be working. Now I am wanting a honey baked ham!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...