Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Somebody That I Used to Know"...who knew?

Every Wednesday night, my 1st-year-in-law-school nephew comes over for a home-cooked meal and "Modern Family." When the show's over, he usually scampers back to his apartment to hit the books. Last night, he stuck around and we all watched "American Idol" for the first time this season. (I used to be a loyal fan, but thought the show took a slide a couple years ago.) Wow! What a talented group of finalists this year. This catchy tune - which, according to my daughter and nephew - is all the rage, stuck in my head to the point where I couldn't turn it off at bedtime. (Dig the crazy black & white animated graphics, too!) This is why it's good to keep kids, er, young adults, in your life. Otherwise, you might miss out on gems like this one:

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Wasn't this great?! Elise and Phillip are my favorites! Oh, to podcast again!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...