Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Detox: Day One

     Well, the party's over. The home team fought the good fight, but went down in defeat at the hands of a better team. Oh, but what a ride! Watch parties every weekend. Friends and family in our living room, jumping up and down, screaming and high-fiving, rubbing my husband's thighs for luck (it was the 'lucky' pajama pants we were rubbing, for the record). I'm glad it's all over. I have had the equivalent of six New Year's Eves in three weeks and I'm clearly too old for that sort of behavior.
    Today, the discipline begins anew. I'm back on the wheat-free, sugar-free bandwagon (you can't turn down a "lucky" Jayhawk sugar cookie, after all). I'm finding much motivation in this "60 Minutes" piece on the toxicity of sugar, as if the number on the scale isn't enough.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I mentioned this report too today! Thank God chocolate doesn't have any sugar or I'd be in big trouble.

Unknown said...

air jordan鞋码
jordan鞋
喬丹鞋
喬丹11代

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...