Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's a freaking firestorm!

Imagine my surprise, upon returning from a fun and ultra-relaxing weekend in Kansas City with the hubs, to discover my column of last week was causing a bit of a stir online. 'Seems a reader objected to my (over)use of the work "freaking" and wrote a letter to the editor, which prompted many colorful comments, pro and con. (Thanks to the commenter who recognized the literary device, although how 'literary' it was is still debatable.) My skin has thickened to criticism over the years (an upside to getting older) but, unlike Rush Limbaugh, I take no pleasure in offending someone's sensibilities and I've never called it "entertainment." That might have to be the topic of this week's column...

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...