Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mustard miscellany

Today, my first order arrived from the National Mustard Museum in Middleton, Wisconsin. I have not visited (nor is it on my bucket list), but the NMM is an actual museum where you can learn about, taste and buy just about any kind of mustard you could dream of. I love mustard, especially the fancy-shmancy kinds like Mango Curry and Blue Cheese Dijon. They're so flavorful, so low in calories. And, some of them actually can clear my sinuses! My purpose in buying them, however, was to jazz up my salads. I've been eating a lot of greens lately and I'm tired of tossing them in the same ol' vinaigrettes. I think a little Sweet Orange Chili mustard will spice 'em up.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

This is mustard madness. Yum!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...