Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Back to Kansas and a normal diet!

Yes, you can even eat the labels. (That's branding, my friends. Or, a huge ego.)
The rolls you see above, from Jacques Pepin's lovely French restaurant on our cruise ship, are made from rice flour. This is the only "legal" bread I consumed on my 16-day vacation. I tried to stay off wheat, really I did, but the pastries and sandwiches were just too powerful to resist. Now that I'm back - after a grueling 24-hour day of travel and a 1:30 home arrival this morning - I am, again, officially wheat-free. And, full English breakfast -free. And, Scotch whiskey-free. And, definitely, dessert-free....
Actually, this may have been an appetizer, I can't remember.
 Wish me luck. (More vacation photos later....)

4 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Welcome home, BG!!! I want a roll with my name on it.

Cath Pete said...

Thanks for sharing your trip through pictures/posts--enjoyed it!

KJ said...

Loved seeing the pics you posted! The food (and drink) sound divine. Welcome home!

TARYTERRE said...

WELCOME HOME. how will you ever adjust to this new regiment.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...