Saturday, June 23, 2012

The night I drove old Dixie down

The adult daughter boomeranged back into the independent world this week. (See my reaction here.) So, what did we do? Replace her with this....
Meet Dixie Cup, a full-bred Clumber Spaniel rescue dog, whom I picked up last night at the kennel. It's a "trial" weekend to make sure she and Lucy, our dog in residence, will get along. We can always take her back. Yeah, like that's going to happen. She's the sweetest thing ever. (But, suffering saliva! You should see her drool.) Did I mention the hubs leaves today for his 40-year high school reunion? (No, I'm not going. When you've been married this long, you've earned the right to opt out of such torture.) So, it's just me, Lucy and Dixie this weekend. I think I'll treat the girls to a little Mad Men marathon. I have a finale to catch up on.

4 comments:

Cath Pete said...

Dixie Cup is the cutest thing! Hope it all works out.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Adorable! Enjoy! Don't slip on the drool!

TARYTERRE said...

I am not going to my hubby's reunion either. JUST the thought of it makes me cringe. All those old girlfriends sitting in judgement. Torture indeed. Dixie Cup is a sweetheart. But the drool part????

Cathy Hamilton said...

TT, I think the judge-y stuff tends to go away by the 40th, as a little perspective sets in. (It was, after all, only 3 years out of our lives.) I was talking more about all the old war stories told by people you don't know. He doesn't go to mine, either. It works. As for Droolie, it hasn't been too bad since Day 1, although "two bitches under roof" (not counting me, of course) may not be the ideal formula for household harmony.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...