Sunday, January 22, 2012

...but if I start sprouting a green Afro, the jig's up.

If it's Sunday, it must be a new BoomerGirl health kick. This week, it's ch-ch-ch-chia seeds! That's right, the stuff that makes weird-looking terracotta creatures grow before your very eyes is actually very good for you to eat. Better, in fact, than flax seed with even more Omega-3's and fiber. (Fiber. VERY important in a low-carb regime. I know I don't have to tell you why.) And, because it expands in water to nine times its volume, it's a pretty effective little appetite controller. I added a heaping tablespoon to my Sunday smoothie at 7:30 this morning and here I am, almost 4 hours later, with nary a hunger pain in sight. They're tasteless so they'll work with lots of food and, unlike flaxseed, they don't have to be refrigerated. So far, so good (see headline).

2 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Thanks for the tip. And if my hair sprouts I will let you know.

My Friend Ronnie said...

I'm going to have to get some of those too. I've been following the Wheat belly regime for a few weeks and yeah...I need it!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...