Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Savor and bid low

     I usually come away with one or two great internet tips each time I have my monthly coffee klatch with the girls. This one, Savored.com, comes from Alice, a frequent traveler to D.C., who uses the website to find 30% discounts (off food AND liquor) at fabulous local restaurants. Think: Open Table meets Priceline. There are only about ten large markets to choose from - LA, NY, Chicago, etc. - but I'll bet the list expands as nomadic foodies catch on to the concept.
    Speaking of Priceline (and you know how I love to do my bidding on Priceline), here's a site to help you get the lowest of low-ball offfers when you bid for those 5-star hotel rooms: Biddingtraveler.com. 
    Now, let's go somewhere!

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Why not hop a plan to Sherman Oaks? SJG Airport. Opening soon. Hurry!!!!!

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Er, hop a plane. Seriously. Spell much?! Sheesh.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...