Monday, February 6, 2012

Efudex Day 10

Efudex treatment is a little like labor. It starts slowly and intensifies in stages, exponentially commanding your attention along the way. The spots on my forehead are darkening, and the skin is tightening with kind of a low-grade, constant burn.  It's been so gradual that I'm adjusting pretty well. Today, I didn't attempt to cover it with make-up, as I did last week week. The doctor recommended keeping the skin covered with Vaseline. I found a petroleum jelly product with added shea butter and Vitamin E at CVS that felt so good on my face, I put it on my hands and neck, too.
Haircut by Teri Williams, The Green Room salon - Downtown Lawrence (where else?
Fortunately, my new 'do with heavy bangs is hiding most of the speckles, to the point where I might go ahead and go to lunch with the Rotarians with no fear of people losing their appetite. Critical to the 'do's magic is this new product - Night. Rider by Kevin Murphy - which holds my bangs exactly where I want them. Lovely citrus smell, too. Highly recommended.
A little dab'll do ya.

8 comments:

Nebraskim said...

Good job on being forthright over this speed bump in the road. I guess the fact that so many lesions are appearing means it was a good idea to go head and do this. You are 1/3 through it! Your "bangs-heavy" hair-do is cute and worth keeping even after you no longer need the bangs to hide behind.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, Kim. I figure my life is (mostly) an open book, at this point, and this speed bump is relatively small. Yes, the number of lesions prove it was time to take care of it. I love the haircut for its ease, although I'm going to want to show off my baby's butt-smooth forehead when the ordeal is all over! "Better than dermabrasion," as my doc said.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Actually, what he said was, "The mother of all chemical peels."

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I love the hair cut, hon. I wish I could fast-forward this situation for you.

KJ said...

Love that do, Cathy, and kudos to you for sharing the process...here's to as comfortable an experience as possible for you.

Cath Pete said...

Your bangs cover your forehead just fine. Love your hair cut--and the color. I've been thinking of letting my gray grow out and quit coloring altogether--you're my inspiration. :)

Cathy Hamilton said...

Cath Pete,
I LOVE being your inspiration in that way! I quit coloring mine six years ago and never looked back. I'm about to spend the money I saved at the salon on a nice vacation!

hoxn123 said...

looking UK Replica watches better as a result.For me, that is the type of value proposition that can equal $400. I want the Designer handbags Chronoworks watches to be more or less the same sports watches the brand sells at a fraction of Replica Rolex Watches the price but…. highly over-engineered and decorated. Like if Porsche make a few Watches Replica versions of the Carrera by hand with hand-shaped body panels and a carefully handbag replica tweaked engine. It would be like.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...