Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Skin Rules" rules!

I took advantage of a completely unscheduled day to stay at home in my yoga pants (I could live in these things), let my forehead heal, and catch up on my reading. This terrific new book (release date: March 13) is right up my alley these days since I'm determined to take much better care of my skin from here out. Written by a New York "dermatologist to the stars," it's packed with easy, affordable tips - including plenty of drugstore product recommendations - to help your skin look its best. The good doc offers 77 rules in short chapters written in pithy but personable style. Here are three freebies for you, but I really recommend you buy the book:
  1. Avoid UV heating lamps in nail salons because the UV rays age your hands.
  2. Don't use sunscreens containing Retinyl Palmitate.
  3. Best over-the-counter remedy for extremely dry skin: Vaseline Intensive Rescue Clinical Therapy Skin Protectant Body Lotion. (Geez. How'd they get all that on the label?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cathy, Like your writing and the review. Thanks

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...