Thursday, February 2, 2012

The V Book

To be released Feb. 14, 2012.
I agreed to review "V is for Vagina" by Dr. Alyssa Dweck without hesitation. After all, I performed in "The Vagina Monologues" last year around this time (in front of my son and daughter, no less). I've become one with my lady flower! V-Power, and all that. Still, I wondered if there was anything dear Doctor Dweck could teach me, at my age. I received my advance review copy and skimmed the pages. As suspected, there were only a couple chapters of interest to a post-menopausal woman, provided said woman isn't considering a piercing down there or, God forbid, a vajazzle job (think Bedazzling meets the Brazilian - yikes!) I put the book down on the breakfast bar to read later, and never saw it again. 'Seems my adult daughter has absconded with the tome and is none too eager to return it. I'd say that's a positive review.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...