Saturday, July 28, 2012

A little bit of this, a little bit of that.

I still don't know what to make of those opening ceremonies last night. So seemingly random... so all over the place...so dark, in a way. I enjoyed Mr. Bean in "Chariots of Fire," though.
The view from my bathroom window.
It's becoming painful to drive along the highways and witness the devastation the drought has brought to our crops. I care much more about corn than I do my lawn which, as you can see above, is all but dead (or, hopefully, just dormant.) My lovely crepe myrtle, however, is in full bloom, surviving and thriving in the harsh conditions. Goal for the rest of summer:  Be more like Myrtle.
Barbara Bush aka Dixie Cup aka Tyca Queen of the Gypsies.
We are all happily surviving Dixie, our latest adopted family member who has been a Hamilton for a month now. Here she is, sitting on our window seat, as if she's been there her whole life. Her foster mother brought us her pedigree papers this week. (Our first AKC registered pooch!) Her given name: Tyca Queen of the Gypsies. Or "Gypsy," for short. Foster mom changed it to Dixie Cup, but I'm tempted to call her Barbara Bush, or "BB" for short. She just looks like Babs, don't you think? A lovely pearl collar and she's a dead ringer. (And, I say that with due respect. Mrs. Bush is a handsome dame.)
Clearly, this isn't me. It's difficult to snap your own picture when you're in this position.
I've been battling a sinus infection since Thursday, determined not to resort to antibiotics if I don't have to. I started using my Neti Pot again and in the last two days, I've added the contents of a probiotic capsule to the water each time. Seems to be working for now. Thanks, Internet.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

The Opening Ceremonies pretty much tanked. Feel better, hon.

Nebraskim said...

I LOL'ed at that last picture. So random. So kinda gross.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...