Sunday, July 1, 2012

Getting my "Beauty Sleep"

Would I like to review free samples of a new all-in-one sleep and beauty enhancer? Is the Pope Bavarian?  Of course, I would! No sooner than I told the manufacturers to bring it on, I received five doses of Beauty Sleep, a fairly pleasant tasting concoction containing melatonin, GABA, chamomile, something called Sensara, and other ingredients to help you go to sleep, stay asleep, and wake up in the morning prettier than when you went to bed. I can't speak to the morning part (that mirror still looks pretty scary pre-makeup), but the sleep inducer works like a charm, with no residual drowsiness the next day.  Recommended, and not because they were free.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...