Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cool projects for a scorching Saturday

In a weak moment, I agreed to let my daughter take the tattered second sofa, overstuffed chair and ottoman that once furnished our living room to her new place. What remains is a wide open space that seems to beg for a dance party. Despite my husband's pleas to be his 'private dancer,' (it's too hot, even for a strip tease,) I am spending the day browsing online for replacement furniture here and here while simultaneously emptying, cleaning and refilling the old hot tub for a makeshift soaking pool...just like we did when the kids were little. Those 104-degree temps won't break me, yet! Now, if I could just find the old inner tube and water wings. Margaritas in the pool at 3...join me?
Hot tub circa 1991. Note absence of tiles and electrical tape over holes. Still works, tho'.

6 comments:

carolinks said...

You may not know that Nebraska Furniture Mart carries Thomasville. In fact they have a number of good quality names in the store. And I'm not sure what you can find on line. Check it out. When they were only in Omaha, they had so much business from Olathe that their trucks made monthly deliveries!

Cathy Hamilton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks. I did not know that, but will check it out. I try to buy local whenever possible, but good furniture is hard to come by without geting in the car and driving a ways.

Unknown said...

What I usually do when I feel that there is something missing, I look around at shops. I usually go to a shop with discount furniture at los angeles. I find beautiful pieces and great finds.

Unknown said...

I like your living room. It reminds me of Dad and Mom's quality time with us during winter sitting and enjoying hot cocoas. I think you could use some wicker furniture just to make it look a little different.

Charissa G. Seifert said...

You have a beautiful home. Even with less furniture, I can see that it is a home and not merely a house.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...