Sunday, July 1, 2012

Indoor project day!

Forced inside by torrid temps and inspired by a quick re-read of this book....
I de-junked my make-up drawer (again) by the following criteria:
1) Dark lipstick (which seriously ages you) and anything glittery (eyes, cheeks or lips) go in the trash.
2) Foundation and mascara more than one year old - or getting thick and dry - go, too.
3) Weird, too-young, 'what the hell was I thinking?' nail polish in blue, silver and black -- gone!
What's left looks like a lot but, believe me, I filled up an entire waste basket.

6 comments:

Marguerite said...

Good on you, BG! Which drawer, cabinet or closet is next? I love a good purge. I have moved six times in the last 12 years, so I now consider myself an accidental expert. Hope your weather gets back to normal. We are suffering right along with you here in Texas. Last Tuesday it was 109 in Austin. Lawd!

Cathy Hamilton said...

The next drawer down is the "hair" drawer. And, since I have so little hair left, I think I'll tackle that next. Keep cool.

Nebraskim said...

I am 57 and wear blue, turquoise and green nail color exclusively. Anything red, pink, taupe etc just looks weird to me, although I sometimes like corals or orange. I gave up makeup 30 years ago.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Weirdness is in the eye of the beholder, as it should be. I applaud you, Kim. But, for me, any color containing blue just brings out the age spots and blue veins on my hands. In fact, naked nails seem to work best.

Cath Pete said...

Have you reviewed Boomsticks by Cindy Joseph? I saw a reference to it on the Silver Sisters Cafe Gray site. It is supposed to enhance your natural beauty. I thought I'd give it a try since I'm a minimalist with makeup these days.

http://www.boombycindyjoseph.com/products

Cathy Hamilton said...

Cath Pete, Boom! samples are on their way. Thanks for the lead. It looks like a great product on its gorgeous super model creator, but I'll have to see how it does on my spotty mug. Stay tuned.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...