Sunday, February 3, 2013

Oops, I did it again: Confessions of a serial stubber

You'd think I'd grow out of it, already. I've been stubbing my toe, with alarming frequency, ever since I was old enough to walk. We're talking 6 - 8 times a year (compared to my husband who has never stubbed a toe in the entire time I've known him - what's up with that?)  I did it again big-time yesterday afternoon, 4 hours before I was to perform in pointy, stiletto boots at a fundraiser for the local community theatre. (The show went on thanks to a masterful taping job by my Eagle Scout spouse, 3 ibuprofen and several sips of wine backstage.) Today, there isn't a pair of shoes in my closet that I can walk in without screaming. From war stories told by my fellow performers, serial stubbing is a fairly common problem and, seemingly, only in women. It seems there might be a market for some kind of reinforced - steel-toed, perhaps? - house slippers.  In the meantime, the hubs just found a big wad of bubble wrap in the garage.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...