Sunday, May 26, 2013

All rugs on deck!

In a flash of inspiration, I decided to move the plastic rug, purchased from Fab Habitat last year for the screened porch, to the deck in order to cover up the off-color wood that was under the hot tub.  That allowed me to buy these outdoor poufs (God, I love that word) from Target (currently on sale for a very reasonable price) for the porch, which will go rug-less until I figured out how I want to repaint the floor. (That's one of many home projects on my retirement to-do list.)
Then, when winter returns, I can move the poufs inside for additional seating for basketball watch parties. (Poufs are perfect for that.)  I'm not sure how that plastic rug will fare out in the elements, but I love the way it perks up that old deck.  Of course, the irony is that by the time I get my outdoor spaces looking the way I want them, it will be so hot and humid, I'll have shut myself in the A/C until September.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I want a pouf! I want a pouf! Place looks fab!!!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thankie! You should get a pouf just so you can say "Please pass the pouf."

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...