Friday, May 3, 2013

Spice: The variety of life

In light of yesterday's post about the psychological importance of breaking one's routine, I realized how much I'm always trying to change things up in little ways - from the color of my bed sheets to the scented soap in my shower. I rarely take the same route to work twice in a row. I'd love to be a food blogger, but couldn't bear the thought of sticking to one topic. And let's not even discuss hairstyles. What can I say? I bore easily. It's a Sagittarius thing. This might explain why I'm a complete and utter sucker for a Penzey's spice store. Consider what I hauled home with me after a 20-minute visit yesterday.  (Berbere? What the heck is that?)

2 comments:

Nebraskim said...

Berbere was this month's GwP, right? I, too, am a Penzey's fanatic. My Best GwP was milwaukee steak seasoning.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Yes, Kim. I'm going to do a West African chicken thigh thing tomorrow night. Will have to try the Milwaukee stuff. Thank God there's no Penzey's in town. I'd be broke and out of cabinet space.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...