Saturday, May 25, 2013

School supply score

Yeah, yeah.  I know I don't have kids in school anymore. But, that didn't stop me from rushing like a bat out of hell (I may have run a red light) to Best Buy where all school and office supplies were marked down to .49 each! (It was a Facebook friend who tipped me off. Thank you, Facebook friend!) Six dollar packets of pens...huge rolls of duct tape in white and black...jumbo packs of Post-Its....colored pencils....sketch pads... glue... SHARPIES!!...file folders....tape dispenser refills....my heart palpitates just looking at it all.  The bounty you see in the picture cost me only $24.01! Seems our Best Buy is discontinuing their office/school supply department. (The staff wasn't sure if other BB stores were following suit.) Did I mention I had a massage today, too? This holiday weekend is off to stellar start. Have an equally great one, friends!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...