Monday, December 23, 2013

Getting in the spirit

In an effort to get more festive today, I took steps to force myself into the holiday mood:
1) I started wrapping presents behind closed doors... 
Our bedroom door, which looks like our front door because it used to be.
2) I tied little bows and tags on the neighbor gifts....

This year: Papa, Mama and Baby Bear honey jars from the holiday farmers' market.
3) I dusted my nutcrackers. (Don't laugh. It's only when you get up close and personal with a nutcracker that you appreciate his fine characteristics.)
Nutcracker selfie! Sort of.
This "staying busy with festive things" strategy seems to be working. And now, more shopping.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...