Monday, December 30, 2013

Out with the old...

These are the days of media retrospectives - obligatory montages of "best of" highlights, obituary compilations, and the 'most important stories of 2013'.  My personal yearbook seems to contain more endings than beginnings: retirement (the end of my career), illness (the end of my husband's right hip) and relationships (including the end of my son living in the same town.) Then again, maybe I'm looking at it "glass half empty." After all, 2014 promises new and different work, a shiny new Stryker hip joint for the hubs, and a great excuse to travel to New York City to visit the boy. It's all in how you look at it. My new year's resolution: To always keep that in mind.

4 comments:

A Fan said...

Happy New Year to you and yours BG! Hoping your Hubs enjoys his new bionic hip once the surgery and recovery are done. I always find the "new year" exciting. I'm ready to let go of 2013. Cheers!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, AF. And the same to you. I'm ready to let go, too. Too much transition, not enough normal. Here's to 2014!

KJ said...

Perspective is everything! Happy, happy New Year to you & yours!

chenlina said...

chenlina20170528
oakley sunglasses
giuseppe zanotti shoes
jordan 8
ugg boots
prada bags
ray ban sunglasses
spurs jerseys
prada sunglasses
the north face jackets
rolex watches

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...