Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Don't be silly, get the Tilley!

My early Mother's Day gift to myself.
You would think that a woman at risk for skin cancer would have a wardrobe of hats. But, not if that woman has the head the size of a bowling ball. I've been trying to find a flattering but enormous sun hat for years, but every cheap one that I bought just seemed to shrink around my skull....or maybe I bought them too small in the first place and hoped they would stretch. Finally, I decided to spend some money and get a Tilley, the hat my big-headed father always preferred. The cute "little" chapeau arrived today and I literally jumped up and down when I put it on. I love it so much, I think I have to buy another! Mother's Day is coming, after all!

2 comments:

A Fan said...

Cute! Looks good on you. Never liked my looks in a hat, but I do wear one occaisionally for the sun shade.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, AF. Some people look great in all kinds of hats. Not me. I am thrilled to find one that I like. Hopefully, there will be fewer trips to the dermatologist's office now.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...