Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pastitsio with Pomi

I've watched a lot of TV this week. Illness and unseasonably icky weather will do that. Cooking shows continue to be my favorites and I've grown fond of The Chew.  I like the personalities on the show and the recipes all seem doable, even this one which I intend to try tonight, albeit with gluten-free pasta. The pastitsio recipe calls for chopped tomatoes, so I shelled out a little more money for what my Santa Fe cooking teacher called the best tomatoes you can use when you can't have fresh. Who knew? I found them at Wal-Mart, of all places, at about 2.75 a box....
although I've just read that Trader Joe's carries their own label of the same product at a lower price. I will investigate this today and report back.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I love this stuff. I've been using it for years.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Why didn't you tell me?!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...