Thursday, May 24, 2012

Farewell, pink stove.

It seems fitting, somehow, that my husband will close the sale - at long last - on his mother's house tomorrow, as Memorial Day weekend begins. My MIL loved pink and, despite being the only woman in a household of four men, she used the color liberally in her home, even down to the kitchen appliances. The new owner will likely tear them out and that's a shame. Because they just don't make 'em like that anymore, and they probably never will again.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Cath Pete said...

We had a turquoise stove in the house I grew up in--never saw another one like it any where.

A Fan said...

Very sweet. . . yes - pink, turquoise, cooper, avocado, gold tone appliances. . . someday will someone being saying the same thing about my stainless steel appliances, dark wood floors and granite counter tops? Probably so. :-)

Colleen in A2 said...

Reminds me of the copper colored double oven I once had in a house. I loved it and I also love your MILs pink one. Hopefully the new owners will love it too.

chenlina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...