Saturday, May 12, 2012

Let the vacation shopping commence!

And the discontinued color means I got $80 off. Wee!
My travel partner and I spent the day shopping for suitable gear for the British Isles, where high temperatures in June typically hover in the low 60s (F) and even colder in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Not to mention, the inevitable rain. (I don't mind. It really is my preferred kind of weather.) I scored this Marmot "Minimalist" rain jacket in a pretty cardinal red and waterproof hiking shoes by Ahnu, which are so incredibly comfortable and light, I may leave my humongous white gym shoes at home and hit the on-board gym in them instead. Three weeks and counting!
Ahnu Montara II
Still looking for a proper fascinator for the Queen's Jubilee. Not a lot of millinery in my neck of the woods, sadly.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...