Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pealing the bells

Last year, in my rush to get ripped - or, rather, less ripply - before vacation, I took to the gym with a vengeance, tearing my hip adductor and groin muscles in the process. This year, I've been much smarter, choosing a safer workout routine suited to a weekend warrior of my advancing age. The goal: Create a little extra room in my clothes to accommodate inevitable cruise ship consumption. (Sure, there's a gym, but we're talking 12 days of fabulous cuisine.) This new book, "Kettlebells for 50+," and my new 5-pound bells (purchased for $10 at Tuesday Morning) have been a big help. You can workout virtually any body part with kettlebells, but I've been using them primarily for arm/shoulder exercises and squats while watching BBC America.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...