Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Family resemblances

The Sweeney sisters. Don't let their demure poses fool you. They were wild and crazy.
I took my mom out for a belated Mother's Day lunch yesterday and she rewarded me with these pictures from the past. There is her mother, my "Kiki," third from left, standing with her five sisters, including my godmother, Maddy, on the far left. I can't decide whether I look more like one or the other.


Here's Kiki again with my grandfather, whom we called Rydi. He was the quiet type, but Kiki was the kind of woman who would play with me in my playpen. And, by that, I mean she would climb IN THERE with me. Hey, I think I saw those specs of Rydi's on Warby Parker!

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...