Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dr. Oz: Is the wizard really so wonderful?

Here's the short list of "miracle" products I have purchased after watching a Dr. Oz show: Green coffee bean extract, forskolin, Chia seeds, capsaicin, resveratrol...and those are the ones I remember. (Suggestible much, BG?) I stopped watching the adorable doctor a few months ago when I grew tired of the lame amusement park demos...
and all the fawning women in the audience who made me cringe way too many times per episode: "Oh, Dr. Oz...I love you, by the way....why is it that every time I'm intimate with my boyfriend, I have flatulence?" "Not to worry, dear, I found a miracle cure for that. But first, let's play a little game called "Sex and the Lower Intestine. Now, slip on your rubber gloves and pick up that jack hammer." Yesterday, Senator Claire McCaskill called him out.

I have to admit, I felt sorry for the affable doctor, but it seems painfully obvious that the problem is ratings vis-a-vis money. Why else would a respected doctor stoop to such undignified antics and false claims?

He is a cutie, though. I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating gluten.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...