Wednesday, June 4, 2014

You're never too old to play dress-up

Last night, I acted as jewelry model for a very talented artist in town, Sarah Stalker of Foxy Hardware. Unhappy with a professional model she deemed "too gaunt," she is recruiting "real" women locally to spend an hour or so wearing her jewelry and letting her take their picture on her front porch. She put out a call for women in their 50s and I jumped at it. I needed some new head shots for my semi-nascent acting career, and what is more fun that getting made up and putting on jewelry? Less than 12 hours later, I woke up to these professional looking glamour shots I didn't have to pay for. The woman must have been up all night Photo-shopping because - let's be honest - my skin hasn't looked that good since 1974, if ever.




If any of you lovely readers are local and mature... by that, I mean in your 50s, 60s or 70s ...and want to have some girly fun, contact Sarah through her Foxy Hardwood Facebook page. I guaranteed you'll have a blast and come out looking good. (And the jewelry is fab, to boot.)

5 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

You look stunning!!!!! Wowza!!!! You are camera-ready!

A Fan said...

BG, "you look maah-voe-luss". Great pics. The jewelry - well, it's different. But, so subjective, right?

Colleen in A2 said...

Indeed! You are beautiful.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thank you, friends. A lot of smoke and mirrors going on there, tho'. I loved the jewelry, actually. I've got a little gypsy in me, I guess. Was tempted to buy a few pieces.

KJ said...

Gorgeous!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...