Monday, June 9, 2014

My new addiction


For the past week, I have been communing with nature from the allergen-free comfort of my living room, breathing deeply and twisting my spine into a spiral stairway to heaven.  Do I sound blissed out? I am, thanks to this old yoga DVD I dug out of my drawer the other day. Maybe that's why I forgot to blog for a while....I'm that relaxed.  I highly recommend "Yoga for Weight Loss."  It offers 4 versions of the same yoga poses, is challenging but won't lay you up the next day, and it features beautiful scenery and a calm and reassuring voice-over.  (I think the 'Weight Loss' part is just a marketing hook because these are simply standard yoga poses.) After only four sessions, I feel stronger and more limber than I have in years. And I can't wait to do it again! Namaste.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...