Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Diet, My Arse!


    This is a book I wrote years ago which was licensed by Random House U.K.  The U.S. version sold under the title "Dieting and Other Weighty Issues."  When the book came out, I was concerned that the placement of my name might lead some to believe the big-bottomed woman on the cover was me.  (It's not, for the record.  I wouldn't be caught dead in a yellow maillot.  With my coloring, are you kidding me?)  Years later, it turns out this illustration makes a highly motivational statement when taped to my refrigerator door.
     The book is still in print in Great Britain (not here, unfortunately) but I've just discovered they have changed the cover to a less, er, motivational design.  More's the pity, if you ask me.

5 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

As a big-butted girl, I love the original cover so much. I think you should demand that they use it for the next printing (God willing). Of course, you may have to make a quick trip over to the UK to plead your case, and throw a hissy fit right there in the lobby of Random House, if necessary. I will accompany you out of friendship, so that we can take high tea at Harrod's and act classy for a change. Priceline awaits.

Cathy Hamilton said...

From your mouth to God's ears. (And I've seen your butt and would hardly call it big.)

Anonymous said...

So where exactly can a big arse buy this book? Must it fly to England?

Cathy Hamilton said...

Ha! I think so, Anonymous. Although you can try here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diet-My-Arse-Cathy-Hamilton/dp/0091884004

Thanks...

Sylvia said...

I definitely love the cover of this book! It sucks so bad to see so many skinny girls on the covers of diet books.. it's quite irritating actually. I can't wait to get this one. :)
-Sylvia
Cigar Ratings

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...