Saturday, January 9, 2010

An open letter to the makers of Snuggie


Dear Snuggie makers,
   I take it all back.  The jokes, the insults, the "I wouldn't be caught dead"s.  I apologize for the jabs at your late-night TV commercials.  I regret the derisive laughter at those people wearing your products on bleachers and airplanes.
  I didn't know.  I had yet to experience the cocoon of comfy-coziness that is the Snuggie.  Consider me convinced.  Count me as one of the converted.
  What can I do to make it up to you?  What can I give you besides the 18 bucks I plunked down for your new extra-plush model in midnight blue?  I don't know, but if you ever need a testimonial - dare I say, spokesmodel - contact me here, through my blog.  I'll do my best to spread the Snuggie love to BoomerGirls everywhere.
  Yours in Snugginess,
   Cathy Hamilton

5 comments:

KJ said...

You look mighty snug there, Cathy! I may just have to try one of those...

Cathy Hamilton said...

KJ, if you do, be sure to get the new Luxury MicroPlush version. I found mine at Wal-Mart (bit the bullet and went there). They'd just gotten them in.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Did I not rave about my Snuggie last year? Glad you joined the club. You look so adorable in midnight blue. As Forrest, Forrest Gump might say, "Snuggie is as Snuggie does."

Cathy Hamilton said...

You did rave, and I poo-poo'ed. I was woefully misguided. You were right and I was wrong. There, I said it.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'm a trend-spotter, it's true. I hear the Internet is going to be very popular some day.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...