Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You go, Conan!


   I've never been a huge fan of Conan O'Brien.  It's not that I don't like him; I've just never given him a fair chance.  Frankly, it's his voice.  I've always believed that if you're going to have a high-pitched voice, it ought to be rich in timbre.  Not Conan's.  It just rubs my cochlea the wrong way.  Ten minutes and I'm climbing the walls.  But, I admire the man greatly for the stand he's making at NBC.
   On the nights I do make it up past 10:30 pm CST, I choose Letterman over Leno.  Leno always seemed too safe and boring to me (although, as it turns out, Dave could have used a dose of 'safe' in his personal life).  Leno was my dad's comic not mine, but we both agreed no one could hold a candle to Johnny.         
    Now I feel sorry for Leno, too.  Not enough to watch him, mind you, but the sympathy's there just the same.
   As for NBC....what a fiasco!  They're lucky they still have '30 Rock' or I'd call for a boycott!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm a Dave fan, too (though not of his personal mess.) I think Leno screwed Letterman when Carson retired and now he's screwing Conan.

Jackie said...

Watch Craig Ferguson; he's a riot!!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...