Sunday, January 24, 2010

Who's the Super Bowl halftime act!?


   The Who.  Seriously... The Who!!  As in "Pinball Wizard."  As in "Baba O'Riley" (which, as recently as our '09 New Year's Eve party Charades game, I thought was titled "Teenage Wasteland.")  As in "My Generation." As in the entire rock opera, "Tommy," which remains one of my favorite theatrical experiences, to date.
   I'm totally excited about the Super Bowl now.  Not just about the commercials, which I always enjoy, but about oldsters Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend taking the field and making Brett Favre (if he gets there) seem, well, young!!!

3 comments:

Cathy Hamilton said...

Update: Obviously, Brett Favre won't be making the Super Bowl this year. Maybe when he's as old as The Who...

iNoggie said...

No one could swing a microphone like Roger Daltrey...it's not called Teenage Wasteland? Who knew?

Cathy Hamilton said...

I know, iNoggie! And who knew Peter Townshend was a sex offender:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/28/pete-townshends-sex-offen_n_440707.html

Dammit.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...