Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2 days till Armageddon

    Death and destruction are coming to my old kitchen on Friday.  Fortunately, I'll be at work for the worse of it.  Unfortunately, I'll be without a kitchen - and, in particular, a kitchen sink - for the duration of the weekend, and well beyond.  Fortunately, this gives me a great excuse not to make my famous deviled eggs for the neighborhood 4th of July party.  Unfortunately, that's small comfort to someone looking at the complete annihilation of the heart of her home.  Fortunately, my mother is not opposed to letting me move in to her house, indefinitely.  Unfortunately, I have to commute to work 45 minutes each way, if I take that option.  Fortunately, I have a few days to decide what I'm going to do.  Unfortunately, I have to spend that time emptying the rest of my cabinets....

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Good luck. I'm rooting for you from afar! Go forth and conquer that kitchen!

Cathy Hamilton said...

I will post pictures of the demolition and, if you're lucky, me swinging a hammer. (I've been promised first whack at the old breakfast bar.) After that, I'm checking into Chez J, Mom's oh-so elegant B & B.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...