Wednesday, June 23, 2010

India Hicks: My new guilty pleasure

Dear Readers,
   I'm going to tell you about this blog knowing full well that, after you check it out, you may never return to my lowly blog again, especially if you're an Anglophile like me. Here's what the press release said:
    Daughter of famed interior designer David Hicks and goddaughter to H.R.H. The Prince of Wales, India Hicks, launches a blog, www.indiahicks.com, where she will be sharing her life experiences as a working mother of four who balances life and a thriving career as a model, author, creative partner to luxury beauty brand Crabtree & Evelyn and owner of The Sugar Mill boutique in the Bahamas.  
    “Encouraged by my grandfather, Lord Mountbatten, my mother kept a detailed diary of her historical time in India during the transition of power." said India Hicks. “My diary will share much more mundane issues, like persuading my island children that removing all their clothes in the back of a London taxi is not acceptable, as well as my design inspirations and recent adventures”.

  Yes, it's as fabulous - and ordinary - as it sounds, in a "that can never be my life so I might as well enjoy it vicariously" kind of way.
  Enjoy.  And please come back.
  Love,
  BoomerGirl

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

No wonder you like India H, as do I. We share much in common with this lady: elegance and vast amounts of wealth, not to mention a love of all things Willy Wonka. And tadpoles for supper!

Cathy Hamilton said...

And don't forget the wardrobe and modeling careers!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...