Sunday, June 6, 2010

Garage sale, no: Goodwill, yes!

Thanks to concerned readers and friends who knocked some sense into me, I have decided against the garage sale and in favor of a huge donation to Goodwill, the public library and the Habitat for Humanity's ReStore.  This is carload No. 2 of the weekend.  The upsides of this plan are that there's no pressure, we'll receive a tax credit, and that bearable lightness of being one gets when one has purged herself of fifteen years' worth of clutter. The downside is, it's still blazing hot in my blankety-blank garage.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'm inspired now. I'll be doing a Goodwill run soon. Thanks for showing me the light -- as usual.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...