Monday, June 7, 2010

Hot and sour soup's a hit!

One of my favorite newspaper gigs is my monthly 'Recipe on Request' column in which I seek out the recipes for readers' favorite dishes at local restaurants.  This week, it's the hot and sour soup at King Buffet, pictured here in a truly ginormous bowl.  It's a little too hot and steamy outside right now for me consider making soup, but I'm filing it away for fall.  Besides, my culinary mission in the next two weeks (before we demolish the old kitchen) is to cook up all the canned and boxed food in my cabinets (so I don't have to move it).  Tonight: Black bean salad with corn, weird brown rice pasta I bought on a whim and tuna. What a lucky family I have!

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...