Monday, June 6, 2011

At least, my feet feel good. Thanks, Aetrex!

It's hot and the BG is cranky. In fact, I'm hardly fit for human interaction. But, my tootsies are comfy and cool thanks to these new Aetrex "Sandalistas" I bought over the weekend. After a few weeks of running around in my flip-flops, my arches started screaming for support. "Do something! We're falling fast!" they cried. "Didn't your foot tour around Italy teach you anything?!?" So, after an exhaustive search, I plopped down a bunch of money on these orthopedic-shoes-pretending-to-be-fashion-sandals and - voila! - no more complaints from my tired dogs. Worth every penny. Highly recommended.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great shoe brand to try is Merrill and they don't look orthotic they just have arches built in! I have high arches and I love my Merrills so much that is pretty much the only brand of shoe I wear. Look at Shoebuy.com for some great deals on them.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Hi, Laurie. Merrills are cute, but the arches are a tad too high for me. Shoebuy's a great site, though! Thanx.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Your toesies look so pretty. I've been flip-flopping too and wondering why my feet hurt. Wear your new sandals in good health.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks. Damn those falling arches. I saw an older woman in Italy whose feet had pronated so much, her inner ankle bones looked like they were on the ground. Still, she was stomping around the countryside...but it was a wake-up call.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...