Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Called on account of poop

My 6:30 am Water Warriors class was cut short by an uninvited visitor to the pool. It's not what you're thinking. No "Caddy Shack" scene here. It was bird 'do' that forced my class and the entire Lawrence Aquahawks swim team to evacuate the water. We'd already gotten 45 minutes in, so I wasn't that disappointed. And I guess I should be thankful the, uh, deposit came from an avian source. Could have been worse. Still, it made me think back to "the day" before e. coli scares when lifeguards would simply scoop up, or ignore, unpleasant ploppings from the sky while we played Marco Polo, blissfully unaware.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...