Monday, June 6, 2011

BoomerGirl: Water warrior!

Photo courtesy Aqua Jogger (and you thought it was me, didn't you?)
    My first 6:30 am "Water Warriors" class is officially in the books.  It wasn't half as bad as I thought. 'Just rolled out of bed, threw on my swim suit, chugged a cup of coffee and off I went to the outdoor pool, five minutes away. Fortunately, the Aqua Jogger company had sent me some equipment, like the set shown above, to review a couple weeks ago. It was exactly what I needed for my deep water aerobics class. The belt kept me upright with my head out of water (most of the time) and the shoes provided some extra resistance during the underwater running parts. (Now, if I could just master standing up on the dreaded water noodle.)
    Water exercise is ideal for anyone who has been injured (like me after my tragic hip adductor machine mishap) since it's no-impact and - huge bonus for menopausal gals - you never break a sweat. Still, I can tell my muscles have definitely been worked out and the cardio effect is significant, too.
   Splish splash!!
   The fine, italicized print: I do not receive any monetary compensation for the reviews I write. This review is of a product sent to me free of charge, with no incentive to offer a favorable review. The only compensation is the product that was being reviewed. I offer my readers objective reviews of boomer-related products, so you can make an informed decision before buying. Thanks.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...