Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Awaiting my eyewear from Warby


Oh, that's the "nerd" look, alright!

After using the Virtual Try-On feature (see mug shot above), I discovered the "Home Try-On" option on my new favorite company's website. In just 2-3 days, WarbyParker will send me five pairs of glasses (including these Roosevelt specs in Bondi Blue) to try on at my leisure (as long as my 'leisure' takes no longer than five days). At the end of the trial, I simply send back the glasses I don't want (no shipping costs) and keep the ones I do. That's when my credit card will be charged. No wonder they call them the Netflix of Eyewear! I will be so disappointed if this deal is too good to be true. But, you never know until you try, right?

2 comments:

Flowers said...

Got to say, I think that the "virtual" try on leaves a bit to be desired. Hopefully when you "go live," the specs will fit a bit smaller. Sorry to read about the rarebit no-go. I'm thinking a white cheese for the sauce. It kind of looked like peanut butter.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Agreed, which is why I ordered 5 pairs to try at home...altho' some of the frames are larger in size to for the 'nerdy chic' effect, I guess. I agree, too, about the rarebit. The photo wasn't that appetizing, but the consolation prize will be great and I get one to giveaway to BG readers. Stay tuned!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...