Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bench by the BoomShop

The latest addition to my home gym/office/guest room.
When the folks at theBoomShop.com offered me a tempting discount to try out their new online store geared to baby boomers, I was in one of those rare "I really don't need anything" moods.  (I know. It doesn't happen often, but it happens.)  I went to the site, anyway, and was impressed by the clean, stylish design and slogan: Enhancing life thoughtfully and beautifully for baby boomers. Okay, I thought. I can probably stand to enhance my life a little more. I perused, price-shopped and purchased the exercise bench above, something I've wanted to add to my little home gym for quite some time. The site is extremely easy to navigate, elegant even. And, while the product selection might seem small to some, I think it's just right. Too many items and the BoomerGirl gets overwhelmed. As for price points, they are all over the map. At $79, my adjustable bench was only five bucks more than one 25-pound "speed weight" (whatever that is), but I have all the weights I'm ever going to use....or not use, depending on my procrastination level. Anyway, if you would like to give it a try, the BoomShop folks are offering BoomerGirl readers a discount, too. Simply put in discount code 43116  and get 15% off any one order. Happy shopping! Or, should I say, happy enhancing?

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...